Fort Polk Directorate of Emergency Services’ Military Police Investigations has several bicycles in its found property storage shed. If you have a missing bicycle, call or stop by the Provost Marshal Office and identify your property by serial number or an accurate description. Call 531-6302 for more information.
Army Community Service hosts an Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder workshop Nov. 5 from 10 a.m.-noon at the ACS Center, bldg 920, Bellrichard Avenue. For more information call 531-6650.
Fort Polk Family housing residents can access Corvais Military Living’s fitness facilities from 5 a.m.-10 p.m., seven days a week by using their key fob.
Red ribbon run
The Joint Readiness Training Center and Fort Polk hosts a 5K Red Ribbon Run Oct. 31 at 6:30 a.m. beginning in the Wheelock Fitness Center parking lot. For more information or early registration call 531-9493.
North Polk Elementary School hosts the following events:
• Parents Helping Parents meeting, today, 11:30 a.m. in the Dogwood Community Center. All parents are welcome. This month’s topic is “Body Language.”
• Harvey Rabbit, today, 1 p.m.
• Spooky Science Night, Oct. 29, 5:30 p.m. Representatives from the McNeese State University chemistry department will conduct and lead hands-on science experiences for the entire family.
Army Community Service hosts Family resiliency training Nov. 5 from 6-8 p.m. at the ACS Ballroom, bldg 920, Bellrichard Avenue. No registration is required. Call 531-0772 or 653-3173 for more information.
Child, Youth and School Services programs are available for active-duty, Department of Defense civilians and contractors working on Fort Polk. Programs are limited for retirees and their children. You must be registered with CYSS to participate in events unless otherwise indicated. The following events are scheduled:
• Alternative trick-or-treat and haunted house, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m., Youth Gym, bldg 2070. Activities include games, bouncers, best costume contest, booths, treats and more. Entry into the haunted house is $2.
• Various mixed martial arts classes, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Youth Gym. Register at Parent Central Services, bldg 400, Radio Road.
•Tae kwon do classes, Fridays, Youth Gym. Parent orientation is held the first Wednesday of each month. For more information on CYSS call 531-1955.
The Directorate of Family Morale, Welfare and Recreation’s Intramural Sports office hosts the following individual and team events and activities:
• Bench press competition, today, 11 a.m., Wheelock Fitness Center.
• Truck pull, Wednesday, 6:30 a.m., Soldiers Athletic Complex.
• Doubles tennis tournament, Oct. 28, 5:30 p.m., 1st MEB gym.
Events are open to DFMWR users 18 and older. For more information call 531-2056.
Warrior Hills Golf Course hosts the following tournaments:
• Oct. 26, 3 p.m., Halloween Day/Night tournament
• Nov. 9, 11 a.m., Turkey Shoot
• Dec. 14, 11 a.m., Christmas mixer
For more information about these and other WHGC events call 531-4661/1982.